Medical Massage has been around for thousands of years, which is why it’s considered one of the world’s first hands-on therapies. A Medical Massage has a very long history of easing tension, improving circulation, reducing stress, and alleviating pain. Dr. Jason Leavitt and the team at Ultimate Health Medical Clinic in Littleton, Colorado, strive to provide well-rounded, comprehensive health care, including Medical Massage, to patients from communities across the Denver area. To learn more about medical massage, call the office or request an appointment online today.
Medical Massage Q & A
What is Medical Massage therapy?
Medical Massage is a holistic treatment technique that includes rubbing, kneading, pressing, and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments—otherwise known as the soft tissues of your body. Medical Massage is performed in different ways to meet a variety of needs, with styles ranging from soft to deep tissue Medical Massages. Some of the most common types of Medical Massage include:
- Deep tissue Chiropractic Massage: This technique is often used to help heal traumatic muscle damage. It incorporates slow, forceful strokes to target deep muscle and connective tissue.
- Swedish Chiropractic Massage: This popular technique involves kneading, deep circular movements, long strokes, vibration, and tapping. It relaxes and energizes simultaneously while enhancing your circulation.
- Trigger point Chiropractic Massage: This technique is designed to relieve muscle spasms and pain. It targets tight muscle fibers caused by injury or overuse.
- Sports Chiropractic Massage: Similar to Swedish Chiropractic Massage, a sports Chiropractic Massage is typically used to boost athletic performance and treat or prevent sports injuries.
What is a Medical Massage?
Medical Massage is an essential component of a comprehensive treatment plan designed to restore the body after injury or trauma. The direct, therapeutic methods used in Medical Massage are aimed at promoting relaxation and stimulating blood flow in damaged or injured regions. In addition to relieving pain and discomfort, medical Medical Massage helps loosen the myofascial tissues, or connective tissues, that connect, separate, and support your muscles and bones. Having tight myofascial tissues can cause negative physical effects that impact other bodily systems. Medical Massage helps you achieve myofascial release and bring balance to the rest of your body.
What are the benefits of Medical Massage?
One Medical Massage can leave you feeling relaxed, energized, and well both physically and emotionally. Incorporating Medical Massage into your health care plan, or simply making therapeutic Chiropractic Massage a regular part of your wellness routine, benefits you on a completely different level. Medical Chiropractic Massage and regular Chiropractic Massage therapy helps:
- Improve circulation and digestion
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve muscle tone, range of motion, and joint function
- Provide chronic pain relief
- Reduce headaches or migraines
- Reduce anxiety and improve sleep
- Promote blood flow
- Boost immune system function
Medical Massage also complements chiropractic care, as each therapy enhances the other to promote faster, more complete healing.
Our Littleton chiropractic office now offers CBD Medical Massages. Choose from a 60-minute or a 90-minute CBD massage in our Littleton office and start feeling better immediately.
Medical massages at Ultimate Health are my new favorite thing. Not only is it ‘me time,’ it helps my muscles, aches and pains every time. Ryan is one of the best massage therapists in Littleton. I only wish there were four of him so I could schedule more massages!
– Carly W.