We know it’s that time of the year where everyone is making promises to eat healthier, workout and disconnect more, spend more time with family, and so on.
But what if chiropractors made New Years Resolutions based on things they see regularly from their patients?
Our Littleton chiropractors have come up with a list of health-related resolutions to make sure you look and feel your best all the way through the year.
– Stretch at least ten minutes every morning. Whether you make regular appointments to visit our Littleton chiropractor’s office or find a good YouTube video for stretching, make this a daily habit.
Check out these 22 stretching workouts on YouTube.
If we took this stretching resolution even further, we recommend stretches related to your chronic pain. For instance, if you suffer from lower back pain, search for videos that specifically focus on lower back stretching, or schedule an appointment with our Littleton physical therapists to create an individualized stretching and PT plan to help alleviate lower back pain.
– Sit up straight and focus on your posture. One easy suggestion is to stick a colorful sticky note on your computer monitor or in your car to remind yourself to sit up straight. If you have a co-worker, significant other, or roommate, make each other accountable and call each other out when you see them slouching. Good posture will do absolute wonders for your body.
– Get your health under control, everything from regular chiropractic adjustments to getting your cholesterol checked. If you haven’t been to the doctor for a physical in a while, make that a priority this year. If you suffer from arthritis or chronic pain, make this the year you get it under control. You can visit our Littleton chiropractor’s office for a free consultation to see how we can help with neck pain, sciatica, or something else without prescribing pills or requiring surgery. Our medical services are natural and effective and will get you back to pain-free living.
– Sit up straight! See you probably already forgot and should add a sticky note to your computer.
– We know you probably want to workout hard in the New Year, but don’t push through the pain. Be smart with your workouts and find one that works for you. Our best tip is to listen to your body. If something feels off or you need a rest day, take it.
– Drink more water and practice healthier eating habits. By no means does this mean to go on a diet, but be smart about what you’re eating and try to add more color to your plate at each meal. Small habits can lead to big changes.
– Put those health benefits and health insurance to use. You’re already paying for health insurance; don’t let your benefits go to waste. Even if you’re not a patient at our Littleton chiropractor’s office, give us a call and let us find out what chiropractic benefits you have. We take most major insurance plans, and many have low deductibles or minimal co-pays, so let us check those benefits for you.
– Consider the medications/pain pills you are taking and see if you can cut those out. If you suffer from chronic pain, let us be the first to tell you, that’s no way to live. If the only thing helping your pain is a pain pill, give our Littleton chiropractor’s office a call and learn how we can help with natural pain relief options like Trigger Point Injections and realigning your body with regular chiropractic adjustments.
Are you ready to take charge of your health? Then book your chiropractic care appointment with the most trusted and experienced chiropractors in town by giving us a call at 303.904.0331. We take most major insurance plans and offer same-day and walk-in chiropractic appointments.