“The CBD industry is flourishing, conservatively projected to hit $16 billion in the United States by 2025. Already, the plant extract is being added to cheeseburgers, toothpicks and breath sprays,” according to the NYTimes.com.
For those who aren’t as familiar with the trend, CBD refers to cannabidiol, a non-intoxicating extract from cannabis that does not have the psychoactive properties of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). CBD is not like THC, as it does not get people “high.”
But does it work, and if so, what specifically are the benefits?
7 CBD Oil Benefits:
1. Can relieve pain, especially chronic pain. It can also target and help with nerve pain.
1. “According to a 2012 study in the Journal of Experimental Medicine, rats injected with inflammatory chemicals in their hindfeet experienced less inflammation and neuropathic pain when treated with an oral dose and spinal injection of CBD,” according to this verywellhealth.com article.
2. Can help with muscle spasms.
3. Can reduce anxiety and depression. This is scientifically backed by studies on humans and animals over the years. “In one Brazilian study, 57 men received either oral CBD or a placebo 90 minutes before they underwent a simulated public speaking test. The researchers found that a 300-mg dose of CBD was the most effective at significantly reducing anxiety during the test,” according to healthline.com.
4. Can benefit heart health and help with blood pressure. “One recent study treated nine healthy men with one dose of 600 mg of CBD oil and found it reduced resting blood pressure, compared to a placebo,” via the same healthline.com article.
5. Can improve sleep.
6. Can reduce acne.
7. May help with addiction or eating disorders.
It’s important to note that everyone has a different experience with CBD oils, just like other treatments, supplements, and prescription drugs. You should always use the recommended dosages, or consult a physician with any specific questions or concerns.
Stop by our Littleton Chiropractor office to purchase any of our CBD oils. We carry a variety of CBD brands to help with pain relief, anxiety, and insomnia and can help guide you with which product is best suited for your needs. We also encourage you to schedule an appointment if you’re using CBD oils to help relieve pain, perhaps from a car accident. Our chiropractic team can help treat the root of the problem, which may be better in the long run.
Our Chiropractic office in Littleton is proud to have been serving the local community for more than 20 years. If you’re suffering from pain or looking for a new medical team to help with your pain needs, call us at 303.904.0331 to schedule an appointment. Our consultations are free and we accept most major insurance plans.