Chiropractic care has so many benefits like boosting your immune system, correcting posture, and so much more, but regular chiropractic care can be a game changer for athletes. It’s no coincidence that most pro sports teams have an on-site chiropractor o help their athletes remain in top shape.
Whether you’re a high-profile athlete, a weekend runner, or just a regular gym-goer, there are a ton of benefits to seeing our Littleton chiropractic office.
6 Chiropractic Care Benefits For Athletes – Visit Our Littleton Chiropractor’s Office Today
- Reduces pain and inflammation without prescriptions. Most athletes like to keep a clean body, and our Littleton chiropractic office takes great pride in getting to the root of your injury or pain without prescribing medications or recommending surgery (when possible). This drug free pain relief provides a safer and more effective treatment plan, without masking the pain with medications so we can in fact get to the root of the problem. We work with you to create an individualized treatment plan including chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, and more to get you back to the track, football field, cross fit gym, or wherever you play.
- Chiropractic care strengthens and stabilizes. Through routine chiropractic care and adjustments, our Littleton chiropractors can target specific areas that are more prone or affected by your workouts or sport. Repeated movements from sports can make areas more prone to injury, and our medical team at Ultimate Health can target those areas to keep everything functioning safely. This will help protect your spine by stabilizing it as well as protecting your joints. For example, a gymnast will repeat the same moves and routine over and over, so we want to target and monitor the muscles and joints he or she uses the most.
- Maintains spinal alignment. Chiropractic care and treatment plans help promote good posture on a regular basis as well as promote healthy function of the central nervous system. Chiropractic adjustments also reduce stress on joints, spinal nerves, and discs and help increase your range of motion, which is ideal for any athlete. No matter what sport you play or how hard you play, range of motion is a huge part of your performance. Our Littleton chiropractors can help keep you aligned to prevent putting extra stress on your bones and joints.
- Helps keep you healthy. On top of all the other benefits of chiropractic care, did you know a single chiropractic adjustment can boost your immune system by up to 200%? If you have a big game or wrestling match coming up, getting regular adjustments can keep you healthy so you don’t miss a game or a match. And like they say, practice makes perfect, so you don’t want to miss practice by being sick or injured.
- Effective treatment for most sports injuries. Our Littleton chiropractic office works hard to get to the root of the problem and treat your entire body. Chiropractic care helps promote healthy circulation and stimulates the body’s natural healing abilities for a quicker recovery from a number of sports related injuries. For example, we have treatments to help sprained ankles or tweaked knees faster.
- Relieves stress, tension, and pain in overworked muscles. If you are a high level athlete or in training, that means you likely practice a lot and push your body past most people’s regular threshold. Chiropractic care targets areas that have been overworked to help relieve pain, reduce stress, increase circulation, and more.
Read more about the Pro Football Chiropractic Society and their work with NFL athletes across the country.
Famous athletes quoted about chiropractic care:
“Since I’ve been in chiropractic, I’ve improved by leaps and bounds both mentally and physically.”
– Michael Jordan
“We’ve got to let the people know that there is a necessity — it’s not even an option; it’s a necessity — to have a chiropractor. As much as it is a necessity to have a dentist. If you have a dentist for the family, you should have your chiropractor for the family.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger
“I have to have an adjustment before I go into the ring. I do believe in chiropractic. I found that going to a Chiropractor three times a week helps my performance. The majority of boxers go to get that edge.”
– Evander Holyfield
“I did a lot of things to stay in the game, but regular visits to my chiropractor were among the most important.”
– Jerry Rice
“I go see the chiropractor when I get bent out of shape on Sundays. Playing in a football game is like being in 30-40 car accidents.”
– Emmitt Smith
“Being a chiropractic patient has really helped me a lot. When I was in a growth spurt, my back became very sore and I was weak. My chiropractor really helped me. Not only did he adjust my spine, he also gave me strengthening exercises to do. If you are tall and gangly, like I am, or play sports, I would recommend chiropractic. It’s as important to my game as practicing my swing!”
– Tiger Woods
(The above quotes were pulled from various sources.)
Ultimate Health Medical Clinic is a full-service chiropractic office in Littleton. We also offer medical massages, which is a top recovery tool for athletes. We also have an onsite Littleton physical therapist that can work to rehab you after an injury or to help prevent secondary injuries.
Call us today to schedule your appointment or FREE CONSULTATION at our Littleton chiropractic office. You can request an appointment online or call us at 303.904.0331 and be sure to ask about our New Patient Special, for a limited time.