Ultimate Health Medical Center
7735 W Long Dr #12
Why do trigger points develop?
Trigger points may:
- Form due to an injury or a series of repeated traumas.
- Develop after a time of inactivity, lack of exercise, poor posture, sleep disorders, and nutritional deficiencies.
How can trigger points affect other parts of your body?
- Trigger points can weaken the muscles they affect. This means other muscles must work harder to make up for the weakness.
- Discomfort and pain from a trigger point can emanate to proximate areas and lead to a diminished range of motion.
- It can become difficult to preserve correct posture if muscles in your neck, shoulders, and pelvic girdle are affected.
How can trigger points show up?
Trigger points can appear as pain in the lower back and temporomandibular (jawbone) joint, tinnitus (a ringing in your ears), tension headaches and reduced range of motion in your legs.
How We Help: Trigger Point Injection Therapy provides a safe alternative method for immediate pain relief.
- Muscle relaxers only provide a temporary solution. Trigger point injections, a safer alternative without nasty side effects, addresses the cause of your pain so we can relieve it permanently.
- The injection zeroes in on your injury, releases tension and provides immediate relief. Nearby muscle tissue unwinds so the region slowly loosens and strengthens.
- You experience less discomfort and a greater range of motion.
- The medical staff at Ultimate Health Medical Center in Littleton, CO conducts a comprehensive exam to ascertain the exact location and magnitude of your muscle injury.
- We will determine if trigger point injection is appropriate for you. Some patients with minor muscle injuries respond well to manual therapy. However, if you have more severe trigger points and damage that extends out as referred pain, trigger point injection is likely indicated for you.
- We will provide a targeted trigger point injection. Most patients experience immediate pain relief.
- We will encourage you to stay active, use the affected muscles and do specific exercises to restore and bolster your muscles.
“I had 3 injections 2 on the right and one on the left after experiencing severe low back pain. The trigger point injections were painless and the relief was 75% better over night.”
“I came in with soreness and achiness and Dr. Jessica was very good at treating the trigger point. The injections are working well for my symptoms. It’s a good treatment for me.”
“I’ve received a series of trigger point injections for shoulder pain. I had the pain for several weeks without relief even with ice, rest and anti-inflammatories. I decided to try the injections. I had immediate relief after just 2 rounds of shots my shoulder pain is gone.